Website ValparaisoFirst Church
Children’s Pastor Job Description
ValparaisoFirst Church is a growing influence in our community in the Panhandle of Florida. We have existed in Valparaiso since 1960 and have God grow our ministry and influence throughout our history. It is our desire, through preaching Christ and loving people, that we touch every individual with a message of hope, freedom, and purpose. As our church is growing, we are looking for an individual to join our team and build on the foundation of our present Children’s Ministry to advance the Kingdom.
1. Possess a genuine call to full-time ministry working with children.
2. The individual should be a team player, creative, a life-long learner, humble, respectful,
able to receive instruction, be loyal to those in authority over you, faithful with what is
entrusted to your supervision, and most importantly, possess evidence of a vibrant faith and
love for our LORD. 3. Extend Christ-centered ministry to all children associated with VFC Kids ministries including those involved with Noah’s Ark Daycare, a ministry of the church, and
extend ministry to those families associated with the daycare on behalf of the church.
The Children’s Pastor will lead the Children’s ministry of VFC through creative Christ-centered instruction. We are seeking a dynamic, fun, engaging, Kid Min leader! Our VFC KIDS program is for children birth-5th grade, consisting of Nursery (birth-2yrs.), Toddlers (3-4yrs.) and Kids Church (5-11yrs.). VFC is committed to providing a safe, clean and fun program for our kids to connect with each other and learn about Jesus. The Gospel should be presented in a kid-friendly way that explains who Jesus is and what he has done for all of us. We believe that He can use these young lives to make a difference NOW!
Specific responsibility for this position would include but is not limited to:
Coordinate all VFC Kids ministries:
- Enlist, train and schedule all people to work in the Children’s Church ministry upon approval from the Lead Pastor.
- To arrange all services (Sunday Morning and Wednesday Midweek), programs and activities for Children’s Church in accordance with the church calendar and other ministries.
Ordering curriculum and any other materials necessary.
- To be directly responsible for the discipline and safety of the all children during VFC Kids services, events, and activities.
- Plan and abide by a yearly budget as necessary to equip and advance the ministry.
- Attend weekly staff meetings with the Pastor and staff
(Every Tuesday @ 9:30 am)
Overall Responsibilities for this role:
- Arranging and conducting a chapel service for daycare children once per week.
- Visit daycare classrooms to further build relationships with children and teachers.
(Classes range from infants to four year-olds, but we also have an after-school
Program and an extensive summer program for children up through sixth grade)
- Plan special events: Egg Dash around Easter, Kid’s Blast in July (we generally coordinate with an outside ministry to conduct Kid’s Blast, but the Children’s Pastor oversees the program), & Live Nativity children related activities.
- Recruit, invite, welcome and engage with kids and families.
- Order, coordinate, distribute, and oversee summer curriculum for daycare.
- Create a fun, welcoming environment for kids to belong and follow Jesus.
- Partner with parents, communicating and engaging them regularly to help their kids grow in Christ.
- Recruit, equip, and oversee those serving in VFC KIDS ministry.
- Assume the responsibilities of the Director/Assistant Director in the event of their absence.
- Meet and greet prospective parents, giving a tour of the center when the Director/Assistant Director are unavailable.
- Help mediate parental concerns if and when the Director/Assistant Director are not available.
- Attend monthly Daycare staff meetings as needed.
- Maintain office and work area in a professional and neat manner.
- Integrate ministry towards students involved in our after-school program through our Noah’s Ark Daycare.
What You Bring:
- Education & Experience
- Either possess or be acquiring credentials with the Assemblies of God.
- Minimum 5 years leading Kids Ministry preferred but not required.
- Experienced in recruiting, developing, motivating, and empowering others.
- Experience with video, media, and social media is a plus.
- Experience with GROW KidMin Curriculum is a plus.
- Personal Characteristics:
- A healthy, growing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Creative, problem solver, hard-working, and loves to have fun.
- Enjoys creating fun and engaging environments and experiences for kids.
- A dynamic leader – team player that can create a healthy team culture.
- A leader of leaders and has a positive attitude and winsome personality.
- Able to engage with kids, partner with parents, and lead teams.
- An excellent communicator and able to deliver relevant, Biblical messages in a variety of settings, ages, and groups.
- A self-starter but thrives in collaboration with others on a team.
- Focused, reliable, attentive to detail, and follow-through.
- Humble, teachable, and committed to a growth mindset.
- Pursues spiritual health, growth, personal, and professional development.
- Able to model a healthy work-life balance for yourself and your family.
- Passionate about evangelism and reaching unchurched people (& kids!) with the good news of Jesus.
- Strong communication skills.
- Engages well with people including kids, parents, church & community.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org