Website City Life Church
We’re looking for a Pastor to lead our church’s efforts to minister to children in our church and the broader community. The ideal candidate has significant experience ministering to children and parents, as well as experience managing volunteers. This role requires a person who relates well with people of different ages and backgrounds.
• Oversee all programming for children throughout the church.
• Establish and maintain a security system that protects children in our church’s care.
• Plan and oversee special events related to children and families, including Vacation Bible School, fall festivals, etc.
• In consultation with other church leaders, define a vision for the children’s ministry that contributes to the church’s overall vision. Develop a ministry plan to achieve that vision.
• Recruit, develop, and deploy children’s ministry volunteers.
• Regularly report to the church’s leadership about the accomplishments of the children’s ministry.
• Maintain the integrity of the children’s Bible teaching time by ensuring the instruction is consistent with the doctrinal convictions of the church.
• Manage all children’s ministry staff that work with children from infancy through fifth grade.
• Identify and execute ministry and missions opportunities for children to participate in.
• Be available to preach and teach the Bible in adult worship service when asked.
• Explore emerging technologies that help engage more volunteers in the ministry of the church.
• In consultation with other children’s ministry leaders and senior church leadership, develop an annual budget for the children’s ministry and operate within the constraints of that budget.
• Review all curriculum used by the children’s ministry and ensures they are consistent with the church’s doctrinal commitments.
• Participate in general pastoral duties as needed (weddings, funerals, counseling, etc.).
• A desire to teach and mentor children in biblical truth.
• A growing Christian faith and character.
• Ability to pass a background check.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Understanding of and willingness to serve within the doctrinal commitments of the church.
• A commitment to the mission of the church.
• A sense of calling toward pastoral ministry.
• A lifestyle congruent with the biblical requirements for leaders (1 Tim. 3:1-13; 2 Tim. 2; Titus 1:5-9).which is a priority**
• 8-12 Hours a week (Part Time)
• Sunday Mornings (9am-12:30pm), Wednesday Evenings (6pm-9pm), 1 Weekly Meeting w/Pastor & Kids Events as organized and planned.
• 1 Week of Summer Kids’s Camp (June or July)
• 2-3 Youth Conferences per year (Friday Night to Saturday Night)
• Commitment to attend our Church Wide Events (Easter Egg Hunt, Fall Festival, Christmas Eve Service, Revival Weeks, Staff Retreats, Vacation Bible School ( Summer) , Door to Door Ministries etc…
*our yearly calendar is prepared so we can all plan our family time accurately which is a priority**
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com