- Finish Strong Bike-a-thon
October 26, 2019
7:30 am - 2:00 pm
Finish Strong Ministries is pleased to offer on October 26, 2019, the opportunity to support three (3) Missions efforts! We will ride on the Withlacoochee Trail, Hwy 50 just east of I-75, in Ridge Manor. Riders should arrive at the trail by 7:30 a.m.
The three missions benefiting from the Bike-a-Thon are:
Special Touch Ministries – Joe & Ann Trementozzi
Special Touch is a non-profit faith-based organization, interdenominational in scope committed to serving people with intellectual or physical disabilities, their families and caregivers. Special Touch Ministry, Inc. is primarily supported through the prayers and gifts of concerned individuals, businesses, churches, and other ministry organizations.
To ease and enrich the lives of people impacted by disability
To provide faith-based support to the needs that arise in the disability community
Special Touch Ministry provides lots of opportunities for people with disabilities to experience God, be included in the church, and build meaningful relationships with caring believers.
FosterHope.Today – Ted and Angie Stackpole
Ted and Angie Stackpole have 25 years experience in pastoral ministry with their final 15 years as lead pastors at First Assembly of God in Palatka, Florida. While pastoring at First Assembly, their church became very effective and influential in meeting the needs of vulnerable children and families in foster care. Today they are on a mission to educate people concerning the foster care crises nationally as well as locally. In addition, they are equipping churches with a strategy to be the solution in their own communities.
Project Rescue – David & Beth Grant
Project Rescue exists to rescue and restore victims of sexual slavery through the love and power of Jesus. Every one of the affiliated ministry sites has a unique blend of programs to meet the needs of their context. Our multifaceted programs aim to provide a safe environment for transformation and growth. Project Rescue currently works with 13 affiliated ministry sites in India, Bangladesh, Finland, France, Moldova, Nepal, Spain, and Tajikistan with a continued vision for growth.
The 2019 Spring Bike-a-Thon produced $3,300 in support. That’s a 10% increase over 2018! Thank you for your help in blessing those ministries. Will you help us bless these worthy missions also?
- Registration is open to everyone ages 18 and up.
- There is a registration fee of $18 per person.
- Forms and fees are required prior to the ride.
- Each rider will receive a Bike-Thon Tee shirt.
- Participants are asked to contact sponsors to either pledge a certain amount for each mile ridden or make a donation to the project.
- Pledges are to be turned in at the check-in table on the day of the event prior to the ride.
- A list of rules and trail etiquette are below along with a registration form that can be downloaded, filled out, and turned in at the check-in table, October 26, 2019, prior to the ride.
- Online registration will not be available after October 18.
Withlacoochee State Park – Ridge Manor Trailhead